Line up for Dimsum

For today's dinner, I decided to go a department store. Usually B1 floor is food court and fresh food market in Korea (Japan as well). You can choose a packaged food from a variety of small shops by shopping around together.

Every time I hit the floor. I could see long line up at front of a Chinese food store where sell Shanghainese big Dimsum. It is really popular 20~30 people are waiting. It is quite unusual.
OK, why not? I decide to stand in end of line ....and waited for 30min for my turn.

Observation:
1. Long line attracts people. Many customers asked what it is and how it is. It attracts people who never tasted it before including myself.
2. After long line up, customer want to have more. For example, I just want to try one but bought 4. One lady in front of me tried to buy dozen but refused. I have to hate her...
3. Actually there are 2 kind of Dimsum. Because spicy Dimsum is more popular, you may get standard Dimsum easily. But it seems no one know about it. And I have to buy spicy Dimsum one more... just for a case.
4. That small store has only one steamer which can make 100 piece at a time. So needs exceeds capacity.

Comment:
1. If there is one more Dimsum steamer, it will help to increase revenue of the Dimsum shop or not?
2. Sometime bad experience is needed as long as it worth. Yes, the Dimsum was great.

Comments

Alf said…
Nowadays line-up become shorter than before. New hot food is Kebab which is made by a Turky guy. But dimsum is still good.

Popular posts from this blog

Bushman's Toilet

Mobile Flirting (Part2)

Mobile Flirting (Part 1)