Browsing Corridors

This is a bookstore at Kangnam, Seoul. Kyobo bookstore is just like a big Barns & Noble. I started my physical intelligence browsing here yesterday. In terms of purpose, it is quite similar experience with Internet browsing. But there is still something special. I have favorite genre and corner for bestseller just like a bookmark but I can see also much new & old stuff I can't imagine before by chance. While browsing corridors, judging a book by cover or title may be unfair but actually it helps to attract my intention. I can pickup and look through it for seconds. It is more rich experience which can not be replaced with internet bookstore yet. Another reason why I love bookstore is that I can observe people how to shop a thing more closely than other place.

I could observe some interesting things from there.

  1. Pick some interesting books but left out in other place before checkout. It may be trouble to shop manager.
  2. Pick a book from bottom of stacks. It may be cleaner.
  3. Usually book shoppers don't use any container or cart. Carrying books by hands before checkout. Of course, it is hard to see a big cart at bookstore (At least in Korea) Some times it weights really heavy for me (It could be a reason for observation 1)
  4. Experienced book adviser is really handy. People often have only vague keyword or slightly wrong author name to find a book.
  5. I saw an advertisement before bookstore by online-book store. “Browse books in Kyobo but buy book in discounted price at ####.COM from home” But how can I avoid impulse buying? And people enjoy reading new book on the way back to home at train or bus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bushman's Toilet

Mobile Flirting (Part2)

Mobile Flirting (Part 1)